A group of Carmelite Friars arrived in Nottingham in 1276 and readily obtained lands and property. They established a Friary (on what is now Friar Lane) and their lands extended to include the site of what is now the Bell Inn.
The cellars of the Bell Inn are a combination of natural sandstone and hand carved caves dating from the 12th century, hidden beneath a wooden hatch in the cellar is a bonded warehouse, evidence of the old method of wine sales still exists today.
Come and see a little piece of history.
|Open mic night|
|An evening with steve mcgill|
|Live music most weekends|
Out fantastic guest porter for St. Patrick's Day. From 11th March